These Mini BBQ Bacon Turkey Meatloaves are packed with flavor and stay tender and juicy! Cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, and bacon elevate the flavor of lean ground turkey. The whole family will love these!
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small (or 1/2 of a medium) yellow onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, plus additional 2 tablespoons for topping
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1.3 lb ground turkey (I prefer 93% lean)
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil (if using foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray).
- Heat a skillet over medium and add the bacon. Cook until it is crispy and rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan, allow to cool slightly, and then chop into small pieces.
- Wipe out the bacon grease from the skillet and add the olive oil. Return the pan to medium heat. Add the onion and saute for a few minutes or until it is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, ¼ cup BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, egg, egg yolk, and panko. Stir in the cooked onions after they have cooled for a few minutes.
- Lastly, fold in the turkey, mixing just enough to combine the ingredients without overmixing the mixture – this will yield tough, dense meatloaves.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces and form into small meatloaves, roughly 3 x 4-inches, placing them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top each meatloaf with roughly 2 teaspoons of BBQ sauce and then transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of the meatloaves registers 165°F on a thermometer (or when they are no longer pink in the center).
- Serve while warm and sprinkled with a little fresh parsley.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: meat
Keywords: Mini BBQ Bacon Turkey Meatloaves, Mini Turkey Meatloaves, BBQ Bacon Turkey Meatloaf, Mini BBQ Bacon Meatloaves