- 1 package Oreos (any flavor or variation!)
- 1 quart ice cream/gelato of choice (or multiple flavors)
- Hot fudge sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Sprinkles, optional
- Separate the Oreo sandwiches so the cream filling is on one side. Line all the cream filled cookies in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet (choose one that will fit in your freezer).
- Allow your ice cream/gelato to soften slightly. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out mini ice cream/gelato balls and place on each of the cream filled cookie halves.
- Working quickly, top each ice cream scoop with the other half of the Oreo cookie sandwich, pressing down slightly to create a sandwich.
- Transfer the ice cream sandwiches to the freezer and allow them to set for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, dip the sandwiches in hot fudge sauce, sprinkle with sprinkles, and then return to the freezer for another hour so the chocolate can set. This part is optional – you can also enjoy them undipped after the 2 hours!