- 1 lb pizza dough
- Flour, for rolling out the dough
- Cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- ¼ cup fig jam
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup dried figs, halved or quartered
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Spritz of fresh lemon juice
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling over top
- Parmesan cheese, for grating over top
- Preheat the oven to 475°F and place a pizza stone on the middle rack. If you don’t have a pizza stone, place a lightly oiled baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your dough to desired shape and thickness. Sprinkle a pizza peel with cornmeal and then carefully transfer the dough to the pizza peel.
- Spread a thin layer of the fig jam over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border of crust around the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over top of the jam.
- Season with a little salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes, if using, and then carefully transfer the pizza from the pizza peel onto your pizza stone or prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pizza dough is crisp and golden on the bottom and all the toppings are melty and gooey. Meanwhile, toss the arugula with the lemon juice.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool just slightly before topping the pizza with the arugula and a drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
- Grate some parmesan over top, slice, and serve.