These decadent, gooey blondies are loaded with sweet and salty flavor. Not only do they have tons of chocolate going on, but they also feature pretzels and potato chips! A drizzle of chocolate ganache sends these over the top!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed plain potato chips
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- ½ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Additional crushed potato chips and pretzels (a few tablespoons of each)
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Line the pan with parchment paper, if desired.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Whisk the brown sugar into the butter until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour and slowly stir it into the batter until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, crushed chips, and crushed pretzels.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the blondies are golden around the edges and just set in the middle. Do not overbake! They will continue to set up as they cool.
For the Optional Topping:
- The blondies are fine just as is, but if you want to take things over the top, this topping is for you. Place the heavy cream in a large microwave-safe measuring cup and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until the cream is hot.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixing cup and let sit for a minute. Then, stir until smooth. You want to be able to drizzle the mixture.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the blondies any which way you like. Top the warm chocolate with additional crushed potato chip and pretzels. If you like a slightly saltier bite (I do!), sprinkle the top of the blondies with a little bit of flaky sea salt.
- Allow the topping to set before slicing into bars.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: blondies, blondies recipe, sweet and salty desserts, dessert, baked goods, pretzel dessert, potato chip blondies, pretzel blondies, dark chocolate, ganache