This Lucky Charms Cereal Milk Latte is so fun and whimsical! It’s a taste of childhood but with an adult caffeinated twist. Milk is flavored with Lucky Charms cereal and frothed until warm and airy. Poured over hot espresso and garnished with whipped cream, cereal marshmallows, and a whole lot fun! Perfect for St. Patty’s Day!
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 shot of espresso
- Whipped cream, optional
- Sweetener of choice, optional
- Lucky Charms marshmallows, for garnish
- Place the milk and cereal in a bowl, stir to combine, and place the bowl in the fridge. Allow to sit for at least an hour (or even overnight!).
- Strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer and discard the soaked cereal. Heat the cereal milk in a saucepan or using a milk frother until steamed and foamy. Brew your espresso while you wait for the milk to steam.
- Pour the espresso into your mug or cup of choice and top off with the steamed cereal milk. If using sweetener, add it now (totally optional!).
- Garnish, as desired, and serve! I love mine with some whipped cream and cereal marshmallows on top, just for fun.
- I recommend soaking the milk overnight in the fridge for the best flavor. At the very minimum, 1 hour of soaking time will work.
- The cereal milk will take on a blue hue after soaking – don’t be alarmed! Your coffee won’t be blue. When the milk froths up, the blue color dissipates some. If this really isn’t for you, you can soak the cereal without the marshmallows and avoid the weird color.
- Category: coffee
Keywords: cereal milk latte, Lucky Charms latte, Lucky Charms cereal milk latte, cereal milk coffee drinks, St. Patrick's Day latte