These Spicy Cucumber Margaritas are ideal for sipping on a hot day! A serrano-infused simple syrup and fresh cucumber juice really make these something special. They’re bright and refreshing with a touch of heat and sweetness. The ideal summer cocktail!
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced (see NOTE)
For the Cucumber Juice:
- ¼ cup water
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
For 2 Margaritas:
- 4 oz cucumber juice
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz orange liqueur (Cointreau is my fave, but triple sec works too!)
- 2 oz spicy simple syrup (or to taste)
- Salt for rimming the glasses
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced serrano peppers
- Lime wedges
Make the Spicy Simple Syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until all the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sliced serrano and allow it to steep in the hot syrup as it cools.
Make the Cucumber Juice:
- Add the peeled and chopped cucumber along with ¼ cup of water to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds or until the cucumber is completely blended.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a mason jar or bowl and pour the cucumber puree through the strainer. Push on the solids to extract as much cucumber juice as possible. Discard the solids.
For 2 Cocktails:
- To a large shaker filled with ice, add the cucumber juice, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for a few seconds to thoroughly mix and chill the ingredients.
- Run a lime slice around the edges of your serving glasses and then dip the rims in salt.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour the margarita mixture into the glasses, garnish with cucumber slices, limes, or serrano pepper slices, and serve immediately.
- You can use any hot pepper here. Serranos add a good amount of heat and add a great flavor to the syrup. Jalapeños would also work great!
- This recipe will make extra simple syrup. If making a larger batch of margaritas, I recommend starting with two large English cucumbers for the juice.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: fresh cucumber cocktails, fresh cucumber margaritas, spicy cucumber margaritas, fresh cucumber juice, serrano cucumber margarita