This Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie might just be the best thing I’ve ever baked. EVER. A gooey, spiced snickerdoodle in a giant skillet cookie form – served hot and topped with ice cream and caramel sauce, this dessert is one for the books!
For the Cookie Dough:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Caramel or chocolate syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly butter a well-seasoned, 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until creamy and lightened in color, about 3 more minutes.
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and then gradually add the mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared skillet and then place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden on top and around the edges. The edges should be crisp and the center should have a SLIGHT jiggle to it. Resist the urge to overbake this – a little gooeyness is a good thing.
- While the cookie is baking, whisk together the cinnamon sugar by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top of the cookie while it is still warm from the oven. Be generous!
- Serve while warm and top with ice cream, whipped cream, and caramel or chocolate sauce (or whatever combo of toppings you prefer!).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: cookies
Keywords: snickerdoodle skillet cookie, giant snickerdoodle cookie, gooey snickerdoodle cookie, skillet snickerdoodle