It’s Friday! We made it to the end of the week.
Let’s celebrate with pistachio espresso martinis!
I love an espresso martini. Especially as an after dinner drink out. Years ago, Dan perfected the at-home espresso martini and we make it in the colder months with some regularity.
This version is like the classic with a small twist. I add in some pistachio syrup for some added flavor, and I have to say, it’s pretty spectacular.
Ever since Starbucks released the pistachio latte, I have been in love with the idea of pistachio coffee everything. I made these iced pistachio lattes awhile back, and they’re STILL one of my favorite coffee concoctions.
This version is similar, except boozy.
And there’s nothing wrong with that. Especially as we approach the weekend. An espresso martini after a meal on a cool fall night? Yes, please!
We’ve got all the basic players for this cocktail.
Vodka, espresso, Kahlua, and instead of simple syrup, we’re using pistachio syrup. You can certainly make your own, but why bother when you can buy it online? I have a bottle of this and it gets used in coffee all the time. And now, we’ll be using it in these coffee cocktails too. It’s DELICIOUS.
It really tastes like pistachio ice cream. Sweet, nutty, and fragrant. It adds just a touch of elegance to these cocktails.
The hardest part about espresso martinis is making the espresso and waiting for it to cool down enough. I like to batch it ahead and keep it in a mason jar in the fridge. OR you could use a good, strong cold brew here.
Everything goes into a shaker and shaken until super cold and frothy. Garnish as you prefer! I love an espresso bean or two on top, but you could also sprinkle with some chopped pistachios for extra pizzazz.
And if you like a creamier espresso martini, go ahead and add a splash of cream the shaker!
These are so good. They taste like sweet espresso and pistachio ice cream had a boozy baby, and I am HERE for it.Print
These Pistachio Espresso Martinis are so, so delicious and really simple to throw together! All the classic flavors of an espresso martini with sweet pistachio syrup mixed in. These taste like espresso and pistachio ice cream had a boozy baby! Delicious!
- 3 oz cooled espresso or strong coffee
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz pistachio syrup (this is my favorite)
- 4 oz vodka
- Espresso or coffee beans, for garnish
- Chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Brew your espresso and allow it to cool completely before making the cocktails. I like to put it in the freezer for a few minutes to bring it down to temperature quickly.
- To a shaker filled with ice, add the cooled espresso, coffee liqueur, pistachio syrup, and vodka.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds – shaking it hard will ensure a nice foamy top.
- Strain the cocktails into two martini glasses, allowing the residual foaminess to pour out into each glass. Garnish with espresso beans and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios (both optional but fun garnishes).
- Serve immediately.
If a creamier version of this is preferred, add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to the shaker with the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: pistachio espresso martini, homemade espresso martini, pistachio syrup, pistachio coffee, pistachio cocktail