My name is Molly, and I am…
1. A self-taught (also, mom-taught) home cook.
2. An avid mushroom loather.
3. Incredibly shy.
4. A novice photographer.
5. A mom to two beautiful boys.
6. And wife to an amazing man who moonlights as my culinary guinea pig.
7. In love with my pups. We have Franklin Mascarpone (aka Frankie) and Maximus Romano (aka Max). Our first pup love, Louis Mascarpone (aka Louie) is waiting for us at the pearly gates.
8. In case the names in #7 didn’t clue you in…a lover of cheese.
9. Obsessed with all things food (except edible fungi. See #2).
10. A resident of a Philly suburb (technically in Jersey – about 20 minutes from the city and an hour from “the Shore”).
A little more…
Welcome to the place where I share my love for all things FOOD. I’m a self-taught/mom-taught cook, and my favorite place in the world is the kitchen. I strive to share well-balanced dishes with a dash of indulgence here and there. One of the best things in life, in my opinion, is feeding others something you have created. My husband, Dan, is my willing guinea pig for most of my recipes.
As a mom to my two boys, Kieran and Finn, I look forward to many new kitchen adventures centered around feeding and teaching them a love for food (aka, recruiting them to be the next guinea pigs).
Our loving shelter mutts, Louis Manchego (aka Louie) and Franklin Mascarpone (aka Frankie), happily clean the floor as I create chaos in the kitchen. Max, who joined our family in late 2018, is also on clean up crew!
I do not claim to be a professional or even an expert, but the pure joy I have in selecting, preparing, serving, and EATING food definitely qualifies me as food obsessed. That’s good enough in my book.
After years of cooking food and taking pictures of said food for my friends and family to ogle, I finally decided to get it together and put all my thoughts, recipes, and pictures in one place. So, thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy!
Why the strange title?
When trying to figure out what the heck to call this food journal, I knew that I wanted to pay homage to nature’s satin: egg yolks. One of the most luxurious yet humble ingredients. A place to dip my buttered toast. The key to a perfect aioli. The best pasta topper on the planet (OK, maybe they’re tied for first with cheese). A very quaint, yet important, ingredient in my life. I always say “yes” to yolks!
*All pictures, recipes, thoughts, and opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated.
Looking for more?
Check out my FAQs page!
You also can follow/like me on the following sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Foodgawker, and Tastespotting.
If you would like to get in touch with me regarding the use of my photos or recipes (or for other inquiries), please email me at mollymeehan29 [at] yahoo [dot] com.
If you have any questions or concerns about a recipe, leave me a comment on the recipe (rather than sending an email – this way, other readers can see the answer)! I’ll try to get back to you as quickly as I can!