This post is a looooong time coming. I have wanted to share more lifestyle-themed blog posts with you all for years now.
But for a variety of reasons, I couldn’t get my act together until…well, today.
Either I would chicken out about it (it makes me feel more vulnerable than talking about food does!), or I would run out of time (hello, busy working mom life!), or I would talk myself out of it because I didn’t think anyone would really care about anything I had to say/share that isn’t related to food.
But now! I am just going for it! Because this is my space, and I love connecting with you guys, no matter the topic. I am hoping to share more posts like this in the future. For now, I’m starting out with some lifestyle favorites that I have been absolutely loving this past month. Here goes!
- All the candles! I’ve been on a candle kick this past month, which happens every fall. My favorite for the past couple years: the “Autumn” candle from Bath & Body Works. It’s light and pleasant without being overly fall-spiced or overpowering in any way. I stocked up, as I do every year! It’s a scent that works all year, but I especially love it this time of year.
- These maternity sweats from Target. Generally speaking, I find Target’s maternity selection to be seriously lacking. Everything is huge or too boxy; I end up feeling like I’m wearing a tent. I have a hard time finding anything flattering there. But these pants are a dream come true! Super soft and comfy with lots of room for my baby bump to grow! Bonus: I think they’ll still work postpartum. I have them in gray and black.
- Chrissy Teigen’s new cookbook. I loved her first one, and this one is just as good! I cook out of the first cookbook regularly, and I can see myself doing the same with the second. This past weekend, for our wedding anniversary, I made the steak with miso garlic butter and aspagarus, and it was to die for!
- Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. These are not a new discovery by any means, but I recently got my husband, the ultimate Reese’s fan, completely hooked on them. Dark chocolate fo life.
- Homemade sourdough. If you follow along on Instagram, you may have noticed that I started making my own sourdough about a month ago. I followed the methods outlined in this book (I can’t recommend it enough!), and have made several loaves with increasing success each time. I adore sourdough but don’t have any great artisan bakeries nearby. Making my own has been on my list to do FOR YEARS, and now that I’m doing it, I am full-on obsessed. I can’t wait to start experimenting with more flavors/techniques this winter. Making your own bread is so SATISFYING. I am hoping to try out a cheddar-dill variety this week.
- Kenra blow-dry spray. After seeing Jessica recommend this time and time again in some of her beauty faves posts, I finally got it together and remembered to buy this. I have VERY thick hair and it has a coarse, somewhat-curly/wavy texture. Blow drying my hair, as you can imagine, takes FOREVER. But with this spray, I can honestly say that the blow-dry time is cut in at least half! It’s amazing.
- Nespresso half-caf pods. I am a coffee LOVER, and cutting it out cold turkey during pregnancy is not something I can do. We already have to give up so much: wine, prosciutto, soft cheese! Let us keep our coffee, at least! I only drink one cup a day, and it’s this half-caf variety. I love how the Nespresso coffee brews up so frothy and light. It’s delicious.
- Mrs. Meyers Apple Cider Hand Soap. This stuff smells SO delicious, and I always stock up in the fall. I can usually find it at Target, but it sells out fast. This year, I couldn’t get it at Target so I ordered it in bulk online. #handsoaphoarder
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. So I watched this show when it was first released on Amazon last year and FELL IN LOVE. I was so excited to see it gain so much recognition at the Emmy’s! I finally convinced Dan to watch it, and re-watching it rekindled my love for the show. I wish we all still dressed like people did in the 1950s. Dreamy!
- This buffalo chicken dip has been on repeat every weekend this month for football. Dan and I really only eat this during football season, but it’s SUCH a staple, full-proof recipe that has stood the test of time. A classic. Definitely worth mentioning!
My goals for October include soaking up as much fall foliage as possible (which may mean piling into a car and aimlessly driving around), taking Kieran on a hayride or two, eating as many honeycrisp apples as I can get my paws on, and gearing up for our trip to London, which is happening at the end of the month. We’re going to watch the Philadelphia Eagles play! I am SO excited to explore London but also nervous to be flying overseas while 5 months pregnant! Any tips?! Any London travel suggestions?
What have YOU been loving this month?!