This recipe is a weekly standby for us during football season. It is my husband’s absolute FAVORITE game-time snack. No matter what else we have going on, this dip is mandatory. And it never goes to waste.
It’s basically the classic buffalo chicken dip we all know and love. I’m not blowing open any top-secret recipes here. This is a fairly traditional recipe that I’ve made for YEARS. I have it memorized. Several people have given me their versions of this recipe over the years, and there are few variations between them. Why mess with a good thing? It’s perfect just the way it is.
Tangy, spicy, cheesy, and creamy. It’s delicious yet simple. My kinda party food.
I often choose to NOT put bleu cheese in this dip because not everyone is a fan. I personally love the tang it adds, but again, it’s not for everyone (especially my husband). Feel free to add some bleu cheese dressing in place of the ranch, or even some bleu cheese crumbles, if that’s your thing.
Either way, this dip is super easy to throw together and definitely a crowd pleaser. There’s a reason it’s a classic.
Watch the magic happen live!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese dressing (optional)
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2½ cups shredded cheese (I switch it up between cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- Tortilla chips and sliced veggies, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9 x 13-in baking dish (or in my case, a large cast iron skillet).
- Combine the cream cheese, dressing, chicken, buffalo sauce, and half of the shredded cheese in a large bowl until well mixed. Spread in the prepared pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly. Broil the top until the cheese is starting to turn golden brown, about 1 minute (watch closely!). Serve with tortilla chips and sliced veggies.