This recipe is a weekly standby for us during football season.
It is my husband’s absolute FAVORITE game-time snack. No matter what else we have going on, this dip is mandatory. And it never goes to waste.
It’s basically the classic buffalo chicken dip we all know and love. I’m not blowing open any top-secret recipes here. This is a fairly traditional recipe that I’ve made for YEARS. I have it memorized.
Several people have given me their versions of this recipe over the years, and there are few variations between them. Why mess with a good thing? It’s perfect just the way it is.
Tangy, spicy, cheesy, and creamy. It’s delicious yet simple. My kinda party food. It’s only five ingredients – six if you add blue cheese – and comes together in minutes.
I often choose to NOT put blue cheese in this dip because not everyone is a fan. I personally love the tang it adds, but again, it’s not for everyone (especially my husband).
Feel free to add some blue cheese dressing in place of the ranch, or even some blue cheese crumbles, if that’s your thing.
Sometimes I’ll set this up as a serve-it-yourself kind of thing. Set out the dip, any dippers you want (we always do a mix of chips, crackers, and fresh veggies like celery or bell peppers), and also set out additional toppings in case people want to jazz it up.
A dish of ranch or blue cheese dressing, additional buffalo hot sauce, blue cheese crumbles, chopped scallions, and fresh herbs.
That way, your guests can decide what they want. Super traditional: just cheesy, spicy goodness. Or that with a fresh touch mixed in!
Either way, this dip is super easy to throw together and definitely a crowd pleaser. There’s a reason it’s a classic.
I live for that gooey, cheesy bite! I could swim in that pool of hot sauce and cheese.Print
This Quick & Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a crowd-pleasing snack that tastes like all the wonderful flavors of a chicken wing but with a fraction of the work and stress! It’s creamy, cheesy, spicy, and absolutely addicting.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened (I often use reduced fat and can’t tell a difference)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese dressing (optional)
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips and sliced veggies, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the cream cheese, dressing, chicken, buffalo sauce, and half of the shredded cheese in a large bowl until well mixed. Spread in an 8- to 10-inch cast iron skillet or a 9 x 13-in baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve hot with tortilla chips and sliced veggies.
- Category: appetizers
Keywords: buffalo chicken dip, quick and easy buffalo chicken dip, six-ingredient buffalo chicken dip, football appetizers, tailgating recipes, buffalo chicken recipes