I had one of those weeks where every day felt like it should have been a day ahead. Monday felt like Tuesday, Tuesday felt like Wednesday, and so on…
That sort of week is exhausting.
I barely cooked dinner this week. I’m ashamed to admit that a few dinners this week consisted of popcorn and Italian water ice.
It was glorious in its own right, but probably not the best standard to set.
Feeling L-A-Z-Y. But hey, that’s OK sometimes.
This quick bread made me feel a lot better. It’s loaded with sweet strawberries and topped off with a lemony glaze. Spring in bread form!
If you weren’t feelin’ the green smoothie situation I posted yesterday, this may make it up to you.
It’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, or just snacking. Plus! It’s on the healthier side. I cut down on the oil and subbed in Greek yogurt.
The result is still light, fluffy, and moist. I wouldn’t judge, though, if you slathered a piece with sweet butter. Everything in moderation.
It’s quick to throw together (hence the term “quick bread”) and lasts all week long. It’s perfect with that morning latte or tea or as a late afternoon nibble. You really can’t go wrong.
Celebrate the start of the weekend with a fat slice of this. I know I’m going to.Print
For the Bread:
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon (reserve the other half for the glaze)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 additional tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
For the Glaze:
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spritz lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice/zest, buttermilk, yogurt, oil, jam, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Whisk in the sugars.
- Stir in the 2 cups of flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Toss the strawberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and then fold the strawberries into the batter, being careful to not break them up too much.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and set in the middle.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then carefully remove from the pan to finish cooling.
For the Glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice/zest and powdered sugar until smooth and drizzly.
- Pour the glaze over the bread while it is still warm.
Slice and serve!
This bread will keep well wrapped and at room temperature for 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: quick bread
Keywords: strawberry yogurt quick bread, strawberry lemon quick bread, strawberry yogurt bread, lemon strawberry bread