Hiiii, friends. If you know me in real life or follow along on social media, then you know I have not had the baby yet. Sigh.
I am trying very hard to be patient and to allow nature to take its course, but I now firmly believe that no woman should have to be more than 40 weeks pregnant. Ever.
Kieran came 10 days early, and for some reason, I convinced myself that the situation would be the same with this pregnancy, despite the fact that this pregnancy has been almost nothing like my first. My expectations were completely shattered when my due date came and went last week, and here I am, large and NOT in charge. I am still clinging to the notion of being GRATEFUL, but it gets harder and harder the more fake contractions I have and the larger my belly swells. Oy.
It will all be worth it in the end. That I know to be true.
In the meantime, I’m going to distract myself by telling you about some lovely things I have been enjoying this past month. Accidentally so, this month’s favorites are skin care heavy. I tried out a bunch of new things this month, and it turns out, I loved all of them. So bear with me as I go through my list of beauty products…
- First up is this AMAZING moisturizer: Biossance squalane + omega repair cream. OMG, you guys, this stuff is awesome. Being pregnant (and soon to be nursing), I’m extra careful about what I’m putting on my skin right now. Finding winter moisturizers that aren’t loaded with retinols or other potentially harmful ingredients can be tough. Enter this stuff. Not only does it feel so, so good on my skin, but it actually seems to be improving the elasticity and reducing some fine lines that I have been battling. It feels like a luxury treatment. It is slightly heavier than other moisturizers I use, so I tend to stick to it at night only. Bonus: a little bit goes a long way, so I anticipate this jar lasting me quite some time.
- When I bought the moisturizer, I also bought this facial treatment: Biossance squalane + glycolic renewal facial. It is equally as great as the moisturizer! My skin feels incredibly soft and smooth after using this. I’ve been doing it once or twice a week, alternating days with my next favorite.
- These Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta universal daily peels are also awesome for the texture of my skin. I use them once or twice a week, and I have to say I’ve already noticed a big difference in the smoothness and clarity of my skin. I have some spots of sun damage/hyperpigmentation, and I think they are getting lighter with this treatment. I bought the 5 pack to start, but I just ordered the larger box because I love these so much.
- I have been wanting to try The Ordinary brand for some time now, and I finally got my hands on some of the hyaluronic acid serum this past month. I love using this underneath my moisturizer, as soon as I get out of the shower or wash my face at night. The key for me has been to leave my skin slightly wet when I apply this. Otherwise, it can make my skin feel tight (and not in a good way). I read that applying products with hyaluronic acid is best with damp skin. So far, I’ve been loving this serum and hope to try some of the other The Ordinary products soon.
- Everyone needs to go (run!) to the grocery store now to get their hands on these chips. I’ve been able to find them at both my local grocery store and Target. I love the cantina style as well as the simple sea salted chips. You guys. They are the best tortilla chips I’ve had in a long time. I love how thin and crispy they are! The cantina style reminds me of a less seasoned Dorito, if that makes sense. A hint of flavor without bombing your mouth (and fingers) with electric orange nacho cheese. They are so, so good.
- Mega Stuf Oreos. OK, so these are definitely a late-pregnancy guilty pleasure that I have been LOVING lately. I am a huge fan of Oreos in general, but the Double Stuf and now Mega Stuf are my fave. I’m all about that filling. I find that I only need one or two of these because they are so rich. They’ve been a perfect little comfort for me lately.
- An honorable mention from last month: the Yeti 30 oz rambler. I drink almost exclusively out of this now. I love it so much, in fact, that I bought a second one. And then bought Dan one. We are obsessed. I love it with the straw top. I drink a TON of water in a day, and this keeps things cold all day long, which I love.
- I finished Michelle Obama’s book, and I absolutely loved it. Regardless of your political views, I highly recommend it! It’s just a really good story. She is a very special lady. I am looking to start another book but am unsure where to start. I also know that my reading time is going to be severely impacted by having a newborn, so I want something light. Any suggestions?
And that wraps up this month’s faves. I’m sure I’ll have several new things to discuss next month, as we move back into newborn world. It’s been over four years since I’ve had a new baby, and I’m sure I’ll have lots to say on the subject! If only he would just get here already, haha.