I, like everyone else, have been fixated this past week on the election and have not been able to focus on much else. I am relieved and very, very happy with the results. My hope is that we can move forward as an entire country and heal the damage that has been done. It will be a very long road but one worth taking.
This past month was a good one. The weather here has been absolutely SPECTACULAR. I think we’ve had maybe 2 days of rain in over a month.
We filled our weekends with all the fall things. We went pumpkin picking at our local favorite farm, took hayrides, ate apple cider donuts, and we took the kids apple picking for the first time. They LOVED it. We couldn’t get Kieran to STOP picking the apples, haha. It was really cool for him to see something he picked off of a tree on his plate for lunch, too. I was excited for him to have that experience.
The month ended with Halloween of course, and our Mario and Luigi had the best time. We met up with a few of our good friends and let the kids go trick or treating together around the neighborhood. They had a blast, and for a brief time, everything felt normal again. I know it’s not, but it was nice to see my child experiencing one of the most quintessential parts of Halloween with so much joy. That has been the hardest part of the Covid experience for me – watching my very social, very friendly little guy have so little interaction with other kids his age. It feels so good to give him that again, even if it has to be done much more cautiously.
I had SO MANY new discoveries this past month. Here are some of the things I have been loving lately!
- A few weeks ago on Instagram, I asked you all for some make up help. I needed advice on a make up primer and setting spray, as my make up often settles into my pores and fine lines when I set it with powder. I wanted a more luminous, natural finish on my skin. I asked and you guys delivered! I tried out a few primers and I think my favorite is Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty primer: the Always an Optimist primer. It goes on so beautifully and smoothes my skin while giving it a glow without looking TOO sparkly. It also feels very moisturizing on the skin, which I need and love right now.
- My favorite setting spray is the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, which is a cult favorite. Everyone swears by this and now I understand why. It finishes off the make up with a natural look and really does set it for very long periods of time. Big fan so far.
- While I was on the hunt for a primer and setting spray, I also discovered this AMAZING Selena Gomez lipstick. I have it in the color “Heroic” and it is a beautiful berry red. I cannot wait until I can wear lipstick out in public again! This one goes on sooo easily and smoothly and feels really great on the lips, especially for a matte lipstick. It’s super creamy and moisturizing and the color is highly pigmented. Love!
- Another favorite make up discovery this month has been the L’Oreal Lash Paradise mascara and primer. Both are amazing and give my lashes dramatic volume and length that lasts ALL DAY. I also love how they are available everywhere and not at a premium price. It’s proof that expensive doesn’t always mean better!
- In an effort to make myself feel good about rarely dressing up anymore or going anywhere in forever, I impulse purchased these sparkly heels in the black color one day and I have ZERO regrets. They are so cute and fun and COMFY without being obnoxiously glittery. I love that they add a little somethin’-somethin’ to an outfit. I can’t wait to actually wear them out! Haha.
- Along those same lines, I bought myself this sweater in the red and green colors and it is so pretty. The red doesn’t seem to be available online anymore, but it is GORGEOUS! Like a deep garnet red. Perfect for the holidays. The sweater itself is very simple and understated with “wow” sleeves. I definitely recommend sizing up in this one, though! I am normally a medium in most things, and I needed and XL in these sweaters. They definitely run small. But they’re so gorgeous and well made!
- These truffle corn chips are INSANELY good. They’re exactly like Fritos but with truffle flavor. So dangerously good. Dan, who has been truffled-out these past couple years, loved these. The truffle is just right, not overpowering at all. Such a delicious snack.
- I normally do not go crazy for flavored coffees. I like to add the flavor myself and often find that coffee that has been infused or roasted with other flavoring often tastes too fake or overpowering. WELL. I have found one that I am obsessed with: the Nespresso Pumpkin Spice Cake pods! I like them because they are lightly spiced and warming but NOT sweet. There’s no artificial syrupy taste at all, and I love that. It literally tastes like a great cup of coffee with actual spices added in. A cup of this coffee has been SO lovely on chilly mornings lately.
- I’ve also been on a Perfect Bar kick this past month. I tried them when they were first on the scene and all the rage and was left feeling underwhelmed. It was A LOT of calories for something that just tasted OK to me. But, I have come around in a big way. I love these as a quick and easy breakfast when I am rushing around with the kids in the early mornings or as a mid-afternoon snack. I often eat only half of one and they are very satisfying. I stay full for hours with these, and I love their clean ingredients. My favorite flavors lately have been Pumpkin Pie (so not a Molly flavor) and the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt. The Chocolate Mint gets an honorable mention as well. I buy the kids’ versions for Kieran and Finn and they love them too!
- Last but not least, I have been upping my supplement game these past few weeks. Ever since I stopped nursing and went off my prenatal vitamins, I have been wanting to start taking a woman-focused multivitamin but could not find one that I loved. I tried so many. I looked into a few of the online, personalized vitamin companies and I ultimately chose BINTO. So far, I am LOVING it. They provide me with a personalized mix of vitamins and supplements that I need, based on a quiz that I filled out on their site. They come every month and it’s one less thing I have to worry or think about. I will report back after I’ve been taking them for a little while longer!
What a great month it has been. Here’s to a wonderful November and holiday season. Stay safe, friends! Xoxo!
[This post is not sponsored but contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase the product, I receive a small kickback from the seller – at no extra cost to you! It is a small way I can earn a living doing what I love. Thank you for supporting this blog! I will always disclose this to you.]