What a month June has been! It started off with me going back to work after maternity leave. Kieran graduated from pre-K. Dan traveled several times for business for the first time in years. Father’s Day. Family birthdays. And the start of summer!
It’s been a whirlwind, for sure. We’ve been so busy, and I’m still figuring out my new routine. I work in Philly three days a week (one of which is from home), and figuring out my own schedule along with a nursing/pumping situation that works for both Finn and me, arranging child care, and adjusting to actually working again has been A LOT. Most weekends, I’m ready to just chill the heck out. Luckily, we’ve had a lot of open weekends lately. We’ve spent a lot of that time poolside, and hopefully that trend will carry into July!
We have a family reunion coming up in mid-July combined with ALL THE BIRTHDAYS. So many important people in my life are born in July. Including my hubs. It will be another busy but fun month, I’m sure.
Here are all the things we’ve been loving lately.
- Champagne gummy bears. OK, so I know that I am way late to this trend, but I found these at Target and fell sucker to the adorable packaging. They don’t have any actual champagne in them, but they taste so good! I love when gummy candy is soft and chewy, as opposed to hard little rocks that you have to chew on until your teeth hurt. These are soft and pillowy! Is it bad that my 4-year-old likes these too? Mom fail? There’s no booze involved!
- I have been a huge fan of Chocolove products for years but haven’t stocked my pantry with them in forever. On a trip to Whole Foods last week, I picked up a couple of the crystallized ginger dark chocolate bars (on sale!), and fell back in love. Hard. Might just be my favorite chocolate bar of all time. So good. Sweet, rich, and a touch spicy from the ginger. LOVE.
- Speaking of ginger, I also snagged a couple bottles of Wtrmln water (another fave treat) in new-to-me flavors: ginger and cucumber. Both were SO refreshing and delicious. The cucumber was especially good over ice and with a splash of seltzer. The perfect mocktail. I try to keep at least one bottle of Wtrmln product in my fridge all the time. I drink a TON of water, and having something else to sip on from time to time is awesome.
- Ever since having kids, my bikini days seem long gone. Not solely from a body image standpoint (I’m trying to embrace the changes!), but more so from a comfort level. I can’t get away with a teensy bathing suit anymore when playing with Kieran in the pool. Plus, Finn is still nursing on demand, and I need something that makes nursing possible. I’ve been sporting tankinis and one pieces for a few summers now, but this new one from Target is my absolute fave. I have a large bust and a short torso, and it’s tricky finding a one piece that is flattering while supportive without totally smashing down the girls. This one is flattering and fun without making me feel completely matronly. And there’s great boob support! Which I so appreciate.
- While we’re on the subject of bathing suits: I finally bit the bullet and invested in some Hannah Anderson pieces for the boys. I adore their stuff, but at the rate that kids grow out of things, I always had a hard time justifying the prices. Well, everything is on sale right now, and a few weeks ago, I bought the boys bathing suits. Kieran has a couple skin conditions that require him to be well protected from the sun, so I loved this Spider Man swim shirt and trunks option for him. They keep him covered and protected but still play to his taste. He loves Spider Man and has since he was about 2 years old! And I got this cute little number for Finn. SO adorable. This is another classic case of getting what you pay for. They are very high quality and cute. Both suits should last them awhile (aka, more than one summer).
- I have been drinking and loving Daily Harvest smoothies for a couple years now. They are an awesome staple to have in the freezer for quick and healthy breakfasts or snacks. They have been KEY for me since having Kieran. Mornings can be hectic anyway, but with two little kids? Whew. Many mornings, I realize by 10 AM or so that I haven’t eaten anything yet. These help with that because they’re so quick and require zero planning or thinking. I treat myself to a box once or twice a month and have zero complaints. I typically order half mint cacao and half blueberry chocolate. They recently released new protein smoothies, and the black sesame banana flavor is TO DIE FOR. OMG. It’s so creamy and rich and nutty. It also gives me a little more nutritional bang for my buck and keeps me fuller longer. Definitely a new fave.
And that’s really it as far as new faves go! It’s been a super busy month, as I said. We’ll see what July brings!