Calling all sweet and salty peeps!
I have something EPIC to share with you today, on this September Monday. These blondies are the ultimate sweet and salty treat. They have a little bit of something for everyone.
And they’re here to make your Monday better.
We had a doozy of a weekend. Not in a bad way at all, but we were just extremely busy and today feels like a very Monday Monday. If you know what I mean. On a whim, I suggested to Dan that we flip flop some of the rooms in our house. We have an office and a formal sitting room, along with a crap-ton of kids’ toys that have started to take over the entire house, despite there being a designated “play area” in the basement.
The reason the basement hasn’t worked out for us is that Kieran doesn’t love being in the basement by himself, and I don’t love him being in the basement by himself. So, our play area in the basement, along with the majority of his toys, weren’t getting used.
So, we decided to move our office into our formal sitting room, which we also never used, and designate the office space as Kieran’s new playroom. This involved a TON of furniture moving, along with all of the toys from the basement.
Things are still kind of a hot mess, but it was an extremely productive weekend. And I’m feeling much better about how we’re utilizing our main living space. Kieran has a playroom, which he spent 4 hours straight in yesterday, re-discovering so many of his favorite toys. I have a designated office space. And our formal sitting room is gone for now, which is fine with me.
But! I’m extra exhausted today.
And definitely in need of some blondies. Especially THESE blondies. OMG. They are so good. The best of all worlds.
I take a decadent blondie recipe and fill it with dark chocolate, pretzels, and potato chips. A sprinkling of flaky salt over top would be just the thing to finish these off, buuuut, I had to take it to another level. Of course.
I drizzle these blondies with dark chocolate ganache (!!!), more chips, and more pretzels. Oh, and that sprinkling of flaky salt. It totally makes the flavors sing.
I love making blondies like this instead of cookies because they are SO much easier! It takes 5 minutes to whip up the batter for these. And instead of scooping out and baking individual batches of cookies, I just pour everything into a pan and bake once. Slice and serve. Blondies are amazing in every way, but their ease is one of my favorite things about them. Well, that, and the delicious fudgy, gooey texture.
Decadent doesn’t even begin to adequately capture these. These are the most “extra” blondies I can think of, and I have zero regrets.
Happy Monday, friends.Print
These decadent, gooey blondies are loaded with sweet and salty flavor. Not only do they have tons of chocolate going on, but they also feature pretzels and potato chips! A drizzle of chocolate ganache sends these over the top!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed plain potato chips
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- ½ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Additional crushed potato chips and pretzels (a few tablespoons of each)
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Line the pan with parchment paper, if desired.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Whisk the brown sugar into the butter until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour and slowly stir it into the batter until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, crushed chips, and crushed pretzels.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the blondies are golden around the edges and just set in the middle. Do not overbake! They will continue to set up as they cool.
For the Optional Topping:
- The blondies are fine just as is, but if you want to take things over the top, this topping is for you. Place the heavy cream in a large microwave-safe measuring cup and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until the cream is hot.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixing cup and let sit for a minute. Then, stir until smooth. You want to be able to drizzle the mixture.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the blondies any which way you like. Top the warm chocolate with additional crushed potato chip and pretzels. If you like a slightly saltier bite (I do!), sprinkle the top of the blondies with a little bit of flaky sea salt.
- Allow the topping to set before slicing into bars.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: blondies, blondies recipe, sweet and salty desserts, dessert, baked goods, pretzel dessert, potato chip blondies, pretzel blondies, dark chocolate, ganache