What a busy month November was!
As I’ve already blabbed on about, we traveled for Thanksgiving for the first time ever. Usually, we host a large group at our house each year. But Dan’s sister had a baby in October, and we took the holiday as an opportunity to meet our nephew and visit with family in Florida.
It was an awesome trip. It was a TAD bittersweet being away from home during the holiday, but we more than made up for it with loads of laughs and family time.
It has taken me about this long to readjust to home life. We scrambled to get our house decorated for Christmas (something I normally would have done during the weekend that we were away), and I finally got some shopping done yesterday.
The blog has been on hold, but not for long! More recipes coming your way, starting tomorrow.
In the meantime, here are some of our faves from this past month. Lots of good stuff!
- If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know how obsessed I am with this za’atar and feta popcorn. OMG, it’s so good. It’s definitely herbaceous (lots of dried thyme), but it finishes with that cheesy sharpness of feta. Dan doesn’t like it, but I always have a bag in my pantry now.
- I have long been a fan of Cedar’s tzatziki dip. It’s my favorite store-bought tzatziki, and I ALWAYS have some in my fridge. Recently, I tried the spinach dip for the first time (not sure why it took me so long!), and it is SO delicious. Normally, I’d prefer to make my own, but every now and then, I need a quick and easy snack during the week, and these dips are often one of the first things I reach for. SO GOOD.
- As far as skincare goes this past month, I only tried one new product: Biossance retinol alternative serum. So great. I have yet to find a product of theirs that I don’t absolutely love. I love how this product absorbs super easily without leaving any sticky residue. It also adds another layer of moisture right off the bat, which my skin desperately needs these days. I also ordered the squalene and tea tree oil this week but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I’ll report back next month!
- Another product in my most recent Sephora order that I am absolutely LOVING right now is this perfectly red lipstick. It is GORGEOUS and goes on easily and so smoothly. Finding the right red is super tricky, and this one works really well with my skin tone. I will be wearing it all season long!
- On our trip, this Boon travel washing set saved my life. Traveling with two little kids, one of whom is still nursing/taking the occasional bottle, this was ESSENTIAL. I was able to thoroughly wash their kid dishes, sippy cups, spoons, bottles, and pacifiers with ease right in our hotel room. I used the travel-size Babyganics bottle soap with it. I will probably never travel without this again, even after bottles are out of our life. It just made doing a few dishes SO EASY.
- Aside from our time in warm and humid Florida, I have been LIVING in these sweatshirts. I have it in three colors: black, raspberry, and the light pink. They are the comfiest tops I’ve bought in a long time. They’re impossibly soft and cozy; they keep me so warm. I normally wear a size medium, but I got these in large because I like my sweatshirts to be super comfy. They are roomy and comfy but without looking frumpy at all. I am obsessed and resisting the urge to buy more!
- I have been busy on the TV front lately. I blew through the newest season of The Crown. Obsessed. Dan and I watched The Boys on Amazon and LOVED IT. Such a cool but alarming concept! We’re also watching The Watchmen series on HBO and while we both think it’s strange and a bit disturbing at times, we’re generally enjoying it so far. I also started marathoning Suits this week, and OMG, I love it. I have had many people in my life recommend this show, and part of me is sad that I’m so late to the party, and the other part is thrilled that I have 10 seasons to watch! It’s great so far.
And that’s it! Here’s wishing you the best and merriest holiday season this December.
[This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase the product, I receive a small kickback from the seller – at no extra cost to you! It is a small way I can earn a living doing what I love. Thank you for supporting this blog! I will always disclose this to you.]