Today is my first baby’s 6th birthday. And what a year we’ve had, huh?
I’m going to keep this short today because I want to spend as much time as possible with my little man. He is the best.
And now for a little mom sappiness. Bear with me…
Happy 6th Birthday to the one who made me a mom.
To the one who astonishes me with the kindness of his heart and his innate empathy toward others.
To the one who always knows how to make us laugh.
To the one who has braved these past six months of Covid with more grace than I have.
To the one who always asks for ice cream or “punkin” donuts as a special treat.
To the one who fills me with pride as I watch him be the best big brother.
To the one who dreams of being a scientist, professional break dancer, and race car driver all at once.
To my everything.
Kieran James, we love you so and know this world is a lot brighter because you’re in it.
In honor of his big day, I made him one of his favorite things on earth: a knock-off Chick-Fil-A Cookies & Cream Milkshake, complete with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and EXTRA Oreos.
Whenever he asks for one, I happily oblige because it means I get to have a few sips as well. They are addicting! The recipe for my version is what I’m sharing today and I HIGHLY recommend you make it ASAP. It really tastes like the fast food fave.
Happy birthday, my little love! May your life be filled with happiness…and milkshakes!Print
These Cookies & Cream Milkshakes are a copycat of Chick-Fil-A’s famously delicious milkshake! Loaded with ice cream, Oreos, and whipped cream, these are a treat people of all ages will love!
- 3 cups vanilla bean ice cream, slightly softened (French Vanilla works too!)
- 8 Oreo cookies, plus more for garnishing glasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of fine salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- About 10 minutes before you want to make the milkshakes, take the ice cream out of the freezer to hang out at room temperature. We want it somewhat melted and soft.
- Add the Oreos, softened ice cream, vanilla, salt, and milk to the blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy and thick.
- Divide the milkshake between two tall glasses and garnish with whipped cream, additional crumbled Oreos, and maraschino cherries. Serve immediately with a straw.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: copycat Chick-Fil-A cookies and cream milkshake recipe, cookies and cream milkshake, Chick-FIl-A milkshake recipe, copycat Chick-Fil-A recipe