I have the easiest recipe to tell you about today.
It’s almost like a non-recipe recipe. Almost too simple to share.
BUT! It’s so delicious and a fun spin on a classic, so I thought it was worth it. I also polled you guys on Instagram several weeks ago, and you all said you wanted the recipe.
So here we are!
This is my Greek-inspired chicken salad. It’s healthy, filling, and makes for easy weekday lunches or snacks.
The base of the salad is a tzatziki-style dressing. I mix Greek yogurt, a touch of mayo, cucumber, red onion, lots of fresh dill, and lemon together for the dressing. It is deeeeelicious. Like, eat-with-a-spoon-right-out-of-the-bowl delicious.
And the rest of the recipe is your basic chicken salad stuff, with a couple twists.
I use cooked and diced chicken breast here. You could use store-bought cooked chicken or leftover chicken OR a rotisserie chicken. That’s what I most often use for chicken salad – just makes it so easy.
And then, instead of the classic ingredients of celery, grapes, or apples, I add in kalamata olives, more cucumber and red onion, and some crumbled feta.
My favorite Greek ingredients!
The resulting chicken salad is tangy and briny (my personal fave), creamy and cooling, and just darn good.
I love to eat chicken salad in lettuce cups, straight on top of a big green salad, or on a piece of toasted bread. Add some sliced tomatoes and maybe a handful of greens to the bread, and I’m one happy girl.
This is my ideal lunch right here. Healthy and not too heavy, but loaded with protein and healthy fats to keep me full and satisfied.
This Greek Chicken Salad is a fun twist on the classic! A tzatziki-style dressing, loads of chicken, fresh dill, kalamata olives, cucumbers, and sprinkling of feta cheese makes this one something special.
For the Tzatziki-Style Dressing:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I like 2%)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- ¼ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Chicken Salad:
- 4 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Crusty bread or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional feta
- Additional dill
For the Dressing:
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayo, cucumber, red onion, dill, lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
For the Salad:
- To the dressing, add the diced chicken, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese. Mix until everything is well combined and evenly coated in the dressing.
- Season, to taste, with additional salt or pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken salad until you need it, or use it right away. The salad will keep in the fridge for a few days.
My favorite way to eat this is in lettuce cups or on a piece of toasted bread. I love sliced tomatoes, some microgreens or lettuce, and another sprinkling of feta and fresh dill just before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: chicken
Keywords: Greek chicken salad, tzatziki chicken salad, chicken salad with dill and olives, healthy greek chicken salad, greek chicken salad tzatziki, mediterranean chicken salad