I, along with just about everyone else, breathed a deep sigh of relief when the month of February came to an end.
January and February, by far, are the hardest months for me. So dreary, cold, and dull. I love being cozy, and I don’t mind the winter months, but there’s something just so depressing about these months. The state of the world right now isn’t helping things, as I’m sure we are all too aware at the moment.
I was one happy camper when March 1st rolled around!
That said, we had a somewhat busy February. Kieran always keeps us busy with his extracurriculars. He wrapped up basketball and is already a month into baseball practices for spring.
We had very few social events (which always seems to be the case in January and February — everyone is hibernating!), but one of our best friends had an adults-only birthday bash that was so much fun. It’s good to get away, even if it’s just for one night.
Then, as we eased into March, my baby turned 3! I’m still in disbelief. I’ve been watching so many videos of him as a baby this past week, tears in my eyes. I just can’t believe he’s 3. It goes by in a blink.
Other than that, we are all well and much looking forward to warmer weather and longer days! Spring is right around the corner, and the anticipation of it always makes me giddy.
Despite our rather dull past month, I did make some fun new discoveries that I want to share with you all. Everything from snacks to beauty products to frying pans. Hah! A wide spectrum.
1. First up, the frozen Kind ice cream bars. Oh. My. Gosh. OK, so I kept seeing people talking about how good these are, and I could never find them at my local grocery store. One day, I was meandering through Target (as one does), and I spotted them on the top shelf of the ice cream section. I think I may have squealed a bit. Hah. I scooped up both available flavors: chocolate peanut butter and sea salt almond. I rushed home and ate one almost immediately. Guys. These are SO GOOD. Think Snickers ice cream bar but MUCH healthier and better portion control. Plus, they’re packed with fiber and good, clean ingredients. BIG FAN. I stock up every time I go to Target now. They’re a great fix for the occasional post-dinner sweet tooth.
2. Another treat discovery this month has been Alter Eco chocolate. I joined Thrive Market recently, and I stocked up on a bunch of chocolate bars that I can’t get locally. Dan and I both LOVE dark chocolate and often need a square or two after dinner (when not eating aforementioned Kind bars, haha). I had never tried Alter Eco chocolate before, and now, I am SOLD. The brown butter (!!!!!) is my absolute fave, but the burnt caramel and sea salt flavors are both incredible as well. Definitely my new favorite chocolate. Deep, rich, DARK chocolate (not for the faint of heart) with the creamiest, most luxurious mouthfeel. So dang good.
3. Another Thrive Market discovery are these Sour Giggles. OK, so I am a sour candy freak. I LOVE anything that makes me pucker. I have a serious problem when Sour Patch Kids enter our home. These are like extra-sour sour Skittles. A little more natural when it comes to the colors, and the sour factor is crazy. I love them. I have to hide these from Kieran, because he loves sour candy too.
4. I also stocked up on these healthier lollipops for the kids. Yes, they are still candy. Yes, pure sugar. BUT they have no artificial colors, which I really appreciate and have a hard time finding when it comes to candy. We use these as incentive treats. Meaning, they aren’t eating them every day. Just every now and then as a treat that they have earned. Both kids love them.
5. One last candy mention: Hu Minty Snacking Gems. OK, so I love all Hu products, and their salty gems are also delish. When I saw the minty ones, I needed to try. I’m a sucker for chocolate mint, and these are awesome. I love that Hu chocolate isn’t overly sweet. Again, not for the faint of heart. You have to really love DARK, slightly bitter chocolate to be into these. And if you love mint, you’ll be a big fan. LOVE!
6. Moving on from sweet treats, I tried out this hyaluronic acid serum this past month. I have used the Ordinary version for a couple years now, but I hate how tacky it feels on my skin. I do notice a difference when I apply HA serums, though, so I wanted to check out another version. So far, I am loving this. It’s more of an investment, but I think it’s worth it. It goes on smooth, feels great on my skin, and I have noticed the classic plumping effect. I think I’ll stick with this one!
7. I also bought myself this Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in the color “Icon.” I love these lipsticks and have a few of them in various colors. This red is awesome, though. It applies super easily, provides buildable color, and would look good on just about every skin tone. It’s a great red lipstick without all the fuss. Feels like chapstick but gives a kiss of color. Loooove it.
8. For quite some time now, I’ve been on the hunt for a new probiotic supplement. I was taking the same one for the past few years, and I don’t know if this is a thing, but it seemed to suddenly…not agree with me anymore. Again, not sure if that’s possible. But it was a consistency I experienced when taking it. So! I switched to this one, and I love it so far. I’ll report back in a couple months if I think it’s making a difference/still going well. I love this brand in general. I take their daily multivitamins, and they were my preferred brand for my prenatal vitamins.
9. I finally bit the bullet and bought some Clean Simple Eats protein powder. I had been on the fence for a long time, but soooooo many influencers swear by it. I bought the sampler pack and the key lime pie flavor (I’m a sucker for anything KLP). I’ve tried several of the flavors, and I have to say, I get the hype. They are DELICIOUS. Not chalky, no artificial taste. Just creamy and delicious so far. They blend VERY easily into milk/almond milk with just a good shaking. I love that I don’t need to get out a blender or frother to make a quick shake.
10. I also tried out the Clean Simple Eats aloha butter. Oh. Em. Gee. You definitely have to love coconut to enjoy it, but it is the most luscious, creamiest natural nut butter of any kind that I have tried. And it doesn’t separate much, which means that you don’t have to strain your whole arm trying to mix it up! Love a spoonful of it on its own OR in a protein shake with the key lime pie protein powder. So delish!
11. I live in NJ, and our state is finally doing away with plastic bags at retailers/grocery stores. I am thrilled about it, but I hated my reusable grocery bags. So! I invested in some new ones, and I love them. I’ve used them a handful of times already, and they’re fantastic because they stay upright without collapsing, are spacious, and seem like they will hold up for a long time.
12. And last but not least, I bought this little egg pan. It’s perfect for 2-3 eggs. Most days of the week, I have fried eggs for breakfast. I had a very well used/loved Greenpan egg skillet that lost its nonstick coating. Bummer. I needed a new pan and didn’t want to make a huge purchase. This one is nontoxic, ADORABLE (not important but still), and nothing sticks to it. Also, super inexpensive. Winning all around!
And that about sums it up! We are SOOO looking forward to spring. Hoping and praying that it arrives sooner than later!
[This post is not sponsored but contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase the product, I receive a small kickback from the seller – at no extra cost to you! It is a small way I can earn a living doing what I love. Thank you for supporting this blog! I will always disclose this to you.]
Leave a Reply