Are you ready for the EASIEST and prettiest cocktail for toasting the new year?
Because I have got you covered.
These grapefruit rosé spritzers couldn’t be simpler to make, and they taste pretty darn fantastic.
My ideal NYE night consists of LOTS of snacks and munchies and delicious, festive cocktails for toasting the old and ringing in the new. In our years before having kids, we went out to dinner in the city every single NYE and usually ended up at a friend’s party for the midnight celebration. It was so much fun.
Now that we have children, though, we don’t always have babysitters raring to go on NYE and have had to adjust accordingly. I will make a spread of snacks and a couple different cocktail options and we have our own little party on the couch. Kieran has yet to make it to midnight with us, but we’re considering it this year. We’ll see!
While I go all out on the snacks, I like to keep the drinks simple. Less is more when I’m already doing a big food spread. This grapefruit rosé spritzer has all the makings to be just that. Simple to throw together but oh so delicious and fun!
It starts with a spiced simple syrup. I do this all the time, as you have probably already noticed. It’s an incredibly easy way (as the name implies!) to infuse your drinks with extra flavor. Extra warmth. A taste of the season!
This version has cinnamon and star anise. Two spices that I personally love with citrus flavors. You make the syrup and steep the spices in it while it cools. That’s it! So easy. I like to store the syrup in the fridge until I’m ready for it. Not only does it keep it cold for cocktails, but it is how simple syrup should be stored when you’re not using it. It will keep for a couple weeks in the fridge!
Once your syrup is ready (which can be done days in advance, if need be), you make the cocktails by mixing a little bit of the syrup with some fresh grapefruit juice in glasses and stirring to combine. Then! All that’s left is the bubbly!
I top off the glasses with a sparkling rosé – I like the extra touch of sweetness it brings to the grapefruit. You could use any sparkling wine or champagne you like, though! The rosé just feels extra special to me.
And special is exactly what we’re going for when it comes to NYE.
Cheers, loves! May 2020 be your best year yet!
The Spiced Grapefruit Rosé Spritzer is a simple and festive cocktail for toasting any special occasion! Warm, spiced simple syrup gives this drink depth and warmth while the grapefruit juice keeps it light and bright. Everything is topped off with sparkling rosé! Perfect for a party!
Spiced Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
For Two Cocktails:
- 3 tablespoons of the spiced syrup (add more, to taste)
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 cup cold sparkling rosé wine
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Additional star anise and cinnamon sticks, for garnish
For the Simple Syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Simmer for a minute and then add the spices.
- Remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature. Discard the spices before using.
For Two Cocktails:
- First, make sure all your ingredients are very cold. There is no ice in this cocktail, so you want everything icy cold.
- Divide the spiced syrup and grapefruit juice between two champagne flutes or coupe glasses. Stir to combine.
- Top off each glass with the sparkling wine and stir gently to combine. Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: champagne cocktail recipes, rosé cocktails, sparkling rosé wine, grapefruit cocktails, spiced simple syrup, quick and easy cocktails