Man oh man.
This whole holiday on a Wednesday thing really throws things out of whack, doesn’t it? I can’t figure out what the heck day it is. Yesterday felt like Monday. Today feels weirdly like a Thursday? I feel very confused.
Luckily, it’s Friday! Which means it’s time for margaritas!
It’s no secret by now that I love me a margarita. They are, hands down, my favorite cocktail. I am almost always in the mood for one. And, believe it or not, it’s one of the only ways I enjoy tequila.
These margs will turn even the most devout tequila hater into a lover. Just ask my husband. He said that these tasted like delicious sorbet slushies. And I’ll take it.
Frozen dragon fruit (also known as pitaya) and strawberries get whirled up in a blender with all the makings for a margarita: tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. A salted rim is all that’s needed after that!
The mixture gets super slushy and thick and is the dreamiest thing for this heatwave we’ve been experiencing this past week. These are super refreshing and have just the right mix of sweetness and tang.
A major bonus?
OMG. Dragon fruit creates the most gorgeous color. I am obsessed and want to add it to everything!
On top of being beautiful, these are darn tasty. They are fruity and a bit tropical while still tasting like a classic summer margarita.
All that’s missing is a bowl of chips and some guac! Let’s remedy that, shall we?
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz Grand Marnier or triple sec
- 1 frozen pitaya (dragon fruit) pack
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of ice
- Coarse salt, for rimming glasses
- Fresh berries, for optional garnish
- Lime wedges, for optional garnish
- Place the lime juice, honey/agave, tequila, and orange liqueur in a high-powered blender.
- Add in the frozen pitaya and strawberries and blend on high until the mixture is smooth. Add in the ice, as needed, to thicken the mixture.
- Rim your serving glasses with coarse salt (or sugar!) and fill the glasses with the margarita mix.
- Garnish each glass with berries and lime wedges and serve immediately.