Cheers, it’s the weekend! Well, almost.
Who even knows what day it is anymore?
I seriously thought Tuesday was Thursday this week. Like, 100% woke up thinking it was Thursday and didn’t realize until almost 1 pm that it was, in fact, Tuesday. OY.
You know what that tells me?
That I need a margarita extra this week. Like stat. Pronto. Rapido!
It’s no secret that I love margaritas. My fave is a classic with lots of fresh lime juice and a salted rim, but I’ve made a lot of varieties over the years. The way to my heart is definitely through a good marg. And these fresh pear ones are no different!
They’re subtly sweet with a hint of pear and elderflower, but they aren’t too far out there for your marg purists out there. The fresh pear syrup adds a little somethin’-somethin’ that makes you feel special. Anytime I take the extra time and effort for a cocktail, it makes me feel like I’m truly treating myself to something special after a long week.
And all the weeks right now are feeling long.
So, let’s treat ourselves!
These margs start out with a special but EASY fresh pear syrup. You start by blending super ripe pears with water until smooth and then cooking the resulting puree down a little bit with some sugar until it’s syrupy and sweet and perfect for putting in our weekend cocktails. I could see this in SO many things.
Next up on my experiment list? A fresh pear and GIN concoction. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, shake one of these delicious margs up with me. Into the shaker goes ice, the pear syrup, tequila, a splash of St. Germaine elderflower liqueur (it’s sooo good with pear anything), triple sec, tequila, and loads of fresh lime juice. FRESH is key. FRESH is what makes it a true margarita. I’m very particular about this. No sweet and sour mix here.
Shake it up for a few seconds to get it well mixed and icy cold and pour it over ice in salt-rimmed glasses. Add a lime wedge for fun and enjoy.
The syrup can (and should be) made ahead and kept cold in the fridge, ready and waiting for your cocktails. Happy hour can then happen in minutes. A little lime juicing and shaker action is all it requires.
All that’s missing is a basket of chips and salsa!
Cheers, friends, to the (almost) weekend!Print
These Fresh Pear Margaritas are a twist on the classic that has something for everyone. A simple fresh pear syrup gives these a subtle fruity sweetness that keeps things fun and interesting, but not so much that the margarita purist will mind! Light and fun, just like cocktail time should be!
For the Pear Syrup:
- 2 very ripe pears, cored and diced (any variety – no need to peel them)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Margaritas:
- Salt, for rimming the glasses
- 2 oz pear syrup
- 3 oz fresh lime juice (roughly 2 limes)
- ½ oz St. Germain liqueur
- 1 oz triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- 4 oz silver tequila
- Lime wedges or slices, for garnish
For the Pear Syrup:
- Place the pears and water in a blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour the puree into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then add in the sugar.
- Stir to combine and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cool completely before using in the margaritas.
- I like to transfer the syrup to a small mason jar; I keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
For the Margaritas:
- Rim two glasses with salt and fill with lots of ice.
- To a shaker filled with ice, add the pear syrup, lime juice, St. Germaine, triple sec, and tequila. Shake well to chill and combine all the ingredients.
- Taste the mixture and adjust as necessary (adding more pear syrup or lime juice to meet your preference – I believe margaritas are a TO TASTE cocktail. Everyone likes them a little different!).
- Pour the mixture into the glasses and garnish with lime wedges. Enjoy immediately!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: fresh pear margaritas, pear margarita recipe, pear elderflower margarita, quick and easy pear cocktails, fresh pear syrup