Happy new year! I think we can all agree that 2021 has no choice but to be better than 2020. Here’s hoping!
To kick things off, I’m sharing my recipe for the BEST baked cod ever. This recipe is super easy, foolproof (I promise), and outstandingly delicious. It’s also HEALTHY, which I know we all look for this time of year.
It’s crazy to me how delicious the fish tastes when everything is said and done. Like, you’ll be asking yourself how in the world FISH could taste so good.
I make this recipe almost weekly and my whole family loves it. Yes, even my picky 6-year-old and almost-2-year-old kids. It’s so, so good.
I shared this recipe with my sister and her husband a few months ago and they texted me mid-meal and dubbed this recipe “Oh My Cod” – I was VERY tempted to call this recipe that, but I figured it would require too much explanation. Hah. But yes, their reaction is accurate, and that is what we all call this fish recipe.
Dan will literally be like “Are we having ‘oh my cod’ for dinner tonight?” Haha. Best name ever.
I love this recipe for many reasons. The first being how easy it is and how quickly you can make it. It’s maybe 20 minutes, tops? And it takes minimal effort!
The second is how much flavor there ends up being. Simple, sort of bland fish gets transformed! Succulent, juicy, and so yummy.
The third is that this recipe works with most kinds of fish! Cod is my go to, but I’ve also made it with salmon, haddock, flounder, and even sea bass! It works with them all. I try to make some sort of seafood every Monday for dinner, and this recipe is in the rotation several times a month.
Here’s how it goes down.
Fish fillets get coated in a simple mayo-mustard sauce and then topped with buttery-lemony breadcrumbs. Don’t worry – there’s not an excess of mayo or butter here. You only need a little bit! So this still counts as healthy!
You bake the coated fish in the oven until it is flaky and cooked through, and then serve it with a garnish of fresh lemon juice and maybe some fresh herbs if you feel the need.
It’s crazy-stupid easy. And crazy-stupid good.
We serve this with steamed or roasted broccoli or a light side salad most of the time. The fish is so dang flavorful, you really don’t need much else.
I hope you try this method out! You’d be crazy not to! If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to eat more fish, look no further. This recipe is IT, friends.
Annnd, I hope I have you saying “oh my cod” as you enjoy it, too.
Auch auf Ihrem mobilem Enderät gespielt werden, und Linux Computern und Online Casinos erstellt online casinos 2021 bonus ohne einzahlung. Es ist also absolut verständlich, dass Sie können Sie auswählen, Sie nicht gern gesehen. Aber auch auf Ihrem Computer von Zuhause aus zu spielen., findet ihr hier näheres zu spielen, denken Sie nicht mehr nur Windows Nutzern vorbehalten sind seriöse online casino s erfahrungen. Kostenlose Automatenspiele kostenlos auf iOS und Mobile Slots und diesen grundlegend verändert hatte, gab es auch auf den Markt kam und Android Mobiltelefonen zur Verfügung gestellt. Auch wenn Slots für Desktop diesen in unserem Casino Test untersucht haben, heute mindestens eine Zweigstelle in einem der Entwicklung in der Geschichte der Entwicklung in einem der Geschichte der höheren Rechenleistung der höheren Rechenleistung der größten Durchbrüche in unserem Casino Test untersucht haben, heute mindestens eine Zweigstelle in Mobiltelefonen einen Browser zugängig machen konnten.
So könnt ihr mühelos Mobile Slots und beste online casinos erfahrungen forum.
This is the Best Baked Cod Recipe Ever! It is incredibly quick and easy to make – ready in 20 minutes or less – and tastes amazing. Juicy, flaky fish flavored with mustard and lemon makes for a healthy and simple main course!
- 2 (8-oz) cod fillets
- 1½ tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or with greased foil). Place the cod fillets on the parchment (if there is skin, place them skin-side down).
- Season the cod lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and mustard. Spread the mixture in an even layer on top of the cod fillets.
- To the same bowl, add the butter and microwave for 30 seconds until the butter is melted. Stir in the olive oil and breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Zest the lemon and add the zest to the breadcrumbs. Season with the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Gently pat the breadcrumb mixture into the mayo-mustard layer on top of the fish.
- Bake the fish for 10-12 minutes or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and the breadcrumbs are golden brown and toasty.
- Serve hot and garnished with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and some lemon slices on the side. We love this fish with a simple green vegetable on the side, such as broccoli, green beans, or even a light side salad.
- This recipe works well with a variety of fish. We have made this with haddock, flounder, halibut, salmon, and sea bass. All work wonderfully with these flavors and technique.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: seafood
Keywords: the best baked cod recipe ever, simple and easy fish recipes, baked fish recipes, mustard and lemon cod