Are you Team Cucumber In Drinks?
I certainly am. In fact, I tend to gravitate toward them when given a chance. I love how refreshing and bright cucumber cocktails usually are.
The flavor of cucumber pairs so nicely with gin, vodka, citrus flavors, and other things I tend to love in a mixed drink.
These Cucumber Cosmos are my fun twist on the iconic pink martini, and I have to say, I might love them even more than the original. Don’t tell Carrie Bradshaw.
These Cucumber Cosmos are simple to make (as all cosmos should be), and they taste bright and fresh, just how I want all my spring cocktails to taste.
They feature a fresh cucumber juice, cucumber vodka, and all the classics you have come to know when it comes to cosmos.
Ingredients You’ll Need for These Cucumber Cosmos:
- Fresh cucumber
- Vodka – I like a cucumber flavored one here, but plain will work!
- Cranberry juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Triple sec or orange liqueur
- Simple syrup
- Cucumber slices – for garnish
How to Make These Cucumber Cosmos:
- It starts with the fresh cucumber juice. It’s very simple to make. Combine sliced and peeled cucumber and water in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Strain out the pulp and reserve the juice for the cocktails.
- To make the cosmos, add the cucumber juice, cucumber vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice (it must be fresh!), orange liqueur, and a dash of simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously to combine and chill the ingredients and then strain into martini glasses.
- Garnish with a slice or two of fresh cucumber and serve immediately while cold.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Spicy Cucumber Margaritas
- Minty Cucumber Gin Coolers
- Cucumber-Mint Fruit Cooler
- Cucumber Martinis
- Apple Cider Cosmos
- White Cranberry Cosmos
These Cucumber Cosmos are delicious, fun, and incredibly refreshing. The cucumber is such a cool touch, and I hope you try them!
The perfect spring cocktail!
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cocktails (easily multiplied) 1x
These Cucumber Cosmos are a fresh take on the iconic pink martini. Flavored with fresh cucumber juice and cucumber vodka, these are as refreshing as it gets. The perfect spring cocktail! Just don’t tell Carrie Bradshaw.
For the Fresh Cucumber Juice:
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
For Two Cosmos:
- 4 oz cucumber-lime vodka (I used Three Olives – plain vodka will also work!)
- 2 oz fresh cucumber juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Cucumber slices, for garnish
For the Fresh Cucumber Juice:
- Add the peeled and chopped cucumber along with ¼ cup of water to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds or until the cucumber is completely blended. Add more water, as needed, to help the cucumber completely break down.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a mason jar or bowl and pour the cucumber puree through the strainer. Push on the solids to extract as much cucumber juice as possible. Discard the solids.
For the Cosmos:
- To a shaker filled with ice, add the vodka, cucumber juice, cranberry juice, lime juice, and triple sec.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to thoroughly combine and chill the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into two martini glasses and garnish with cucumber slices.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool and use in cocktails of choice. Simple syrup will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple weeks.
- Extra cucumber juice will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: cucumber cosmos, fresh cucumber cosmos, cucumber cocktails, cucumber vodka, fresh cucumber cocktails
great flavors, nice balance, and a perfect way to start a Saturday, I’m in!
Thanks for the Cucumber Cosmos.
Made for my girlfriend this past weekend and we both loved them. I’m not usually a cucumber cocktail guy, but these were easy and really refreshing.