Today’s recipe is one I debated even sharing.
Not because it isn’t delicious. Because it sure as heck is.
But rather because it’s so darn simple. Do we really need another brussels sprouts recipe out here on the internet?
These Cheesy Ranch Brussels Sprouts are so good that I determined that yes, in fact, we do. We need these in our lives. I couldn’t keep them from you all.
Recipes like this are a weeknight staple for us. Despite being a food blogger, I tend to keep our everyday meals on the simple side. Usually a protein, starch, and a veggie. Very basic. Very simple. BUT also delicious. That’s the number one requirement.
These crispy cheesy brussels are the perfect side accompaniment to just about any main dish. They are salty, tangy, cheesy, and have the most amazing texture. There isn’t much better than a crispy roasted brussel sprout!
I love the combination of flavors here: tangy ranch seasoning, garlic salt, and fresh lemon. The fresh lemon zest really brightens these up. Spritzing them with a little fresh lemon juice seals the deal on deliciousness here. I promise you: the lemon makes these!
On top of being freaking delicious, they’re also really, really easy to make. Let’s get into it.
Ingredients You’ll Need for These Cheesy Ranch Brussels Sprouts:
- Brussels sprouts
- Avocado oil
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon zest and juice
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
How to Make These Cheesy Ranch Brussels Sprouts:
- Trim and halve your brussels sprouts and then spread them out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle over the oil and seasonings and toss well with your hands to evenly coat the brussels.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing once or twice during this time, or until they crispy, caramelized, and tender in the centers.
- Top with grated sharp cheddar cheese and place back in the oven for a minute so the cheese can melt.
- Serve immediately while still hot, topped with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air-Fryer Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic Onions
- Creamy Goat Cheese & Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- One-Pan Brussels Sprout & Bacon Gnocchi
Simple side dishes at their best! I love recipes like this, and even though they can be basic enough to just jot down on a notepad, I’m glad I decided to share it with you all.
Tangy, cheesy, crispy roasted veggies! Who knew they could be so exciting?Print
These Cheesy Ranch Brussels Sprouts are the easiest, most addictingly delicious vegetable side dish. Tangy ranch seasoning, garlic, and fresh lemon make these sing with flavor, and the cheddar cheese adds some creamy decadence that ties everything together. So good but so simple!
- 2 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon (reserve the juice for serving)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the halved brussels sprouts out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle over the oil and then sprinkle over the ranch seasoning, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Toss the brussels and seasonings together with your hands until everything is very well coated. Arrange the brussels in an even layer on the tray, with the cut sides down.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once or twice during this time, or until crispy and caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and top evenly with the cheese. Return to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve immediately while everything is still hot.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: vegetables
Keywords: cheesy ranch brussels sprouts, ranch brussels sprouts, roasted ranch brussels sprouts, roasted cheddar brussels sprouts